Woodside School -Emergency Plan
The aim of an emergency plan is to help staff respond effectively to an emergency at school or on an educational visit. The school's emergency plan covers a range of potential incidents that can occur, including:
- serious injury to a pupil or member of staff (eg transport accident)
- significant damage to school property (eg fire)
- criminal activity (eg bomb threat)
- severe weather (eg flooding)
- public health incidents (eg flu pandemic)
- the effects of a disaster in the local community
During severe weather conditions, such as flooding or snow, we will endavour to keep Woodside School open for as many children as possible.
However, it might be necessary to close temporarily due to inaccessibility or risk of injury. We will always do all we can to reopen as soon as possible.