Woodside Junior School provides wrap-around care for the pupils at the school, offering a safe, caring and friendly environment before and after school hours. The Hideout Zone provides quality care in a spacious and stimulating setting which is located in separate annex to the main school building. The club is run by Woodside School staff who are already known to the children during the school day. The club provides the children with a vast range of activities to enjoy and extend their learning experiences, including art & crafts, games, Lego, role play, outdoor play to name but a few. There is also a homework zone where the children can access computers and a printer.
The club runs Monday to Friday during term time:
Breakfast Club 7.45am to 8.45am breakfast provided before 8.20am £5.50 per session
After School Club 3.15pm to 4.15pm £5.50 per session
After School Club 3.15pm to 5.15pm £11 per session snack provided at 4.30pm
After School Club 3.15pm to 6pm £15 per session.
Children have access to fresh fruit, milk and water at all time should they want it.
The club is currently capped at 35 children per session and staffing is based on a ratio of 1:10 (minimum 1:15)
Admission procedure and bookings
All Woodside pupils are eligible to use the club and we do not require you to pre-register. The contact details and medical information you provide the school are shared with club staff via our SIMS database. The club can be used regularly or on an adhoc basis. There are two ways you are able to book places for your child/ren at the club:
Booking Option 1 (Flexible Option)
The first way is via Eduspot Schoolmoney parent login the system we currently use for payment of all school trips and activities. This option offers the maximum flexibility ,sessions can be booked a year in advance up to the night before and cancellations can be credited back to your account (with 24 hours’ notice). Parents manage their own bookings and these need to be paid for in in advance up to 8pm the night before. In emergency or unforeseen circumstances we can accept bookings on the day subject to places still being available in the club. These should be booked by contacting the school office and are charged at the slightly higher rate of £6 per hour.
- This is for children who need flexible provision
- You can book up to 8pm the day before your desired session
- Offered on a first come first served basis and depends on availability at time of booking (The maximum capacity for each session is 35 children).
- You pay via School Money at time of booking using a credit/debit card by adding the required sessions to the basket or using the reserve option if you are paying with childcare vouchers.
- If you have used the reserve now option to pay by childcare vouchers please then transfer the amount you have booked for via your child care voucher provider.
- Please do not use the 'reserve now' option unless you have an agreement with the school that you will be paying with childcare vouchers or a monthly bank transfer.
Booking Option 2 (Guaranteed Place Option)
We appreciate that some parents need a guaranteed place for the whole academic year on set days of the week and yet cannot or do not want to pay up front for the whole year. If this is your preferred option please complete an expression of interest form (attached below )and hand into the school office. The school will then book these sessions on your behalf and provide a payment plan split over 10 payments. Payment can be via standing order, bank transfer or childcare vouchers. As this option involves the school managing your child’s sessions there is less flexibility to change or cancel sessions via this option. We would require 14 days’ notice to change any of the sessions booked otherwise you may be charged for sessions changed or not used.
- This is for children who need the same day/time pattern each week
- You can book a year in advance.
- You pay monthly via standing order through your bank or childcare vouchers.
- The school will book the sessions for your child/ren on completion of an expression of interest form (attached below)
We are registered with the governments tax free childcare scheme - our regulatory childcare number is 147488. We are also registered with a number of child care voucher providers:
- Edenred/Accor - ref P21195976
- Computer Share - ref 0025777318
- Kiddicare- use schools postcode or regulatory no 110266
- Care4 -ref 16740612
- Sodexo -ref 891292
- Fideliti- ref WOO257C
- Busy Bees- ref 0025777318
- R G Childcare - ref 10939088691
Please contact the school office if you wish to use an alternative childcare voucher provider in order that we can register with them.
Please find attached below the clubs terms and conditions for further information as well as a parents user guide for Eduspot/Schoolmoney and a link to the Hideout Zone's facebook page.
This is the Sensory Garden next to the Hideout Zone