PE and Sports Premium Funding
Our Primary Physical Education and Sports Funding is money allocated to the school annually which allows us to enrich pupils' experience of Physical Education through a variety of ways such as swimming, external coaching, participation at local events, galas and competitions, Partnership Membership and many other areas.
At Woodside Junior School, the staff and governors want to ensure that all children have access to high quality PE lessons and engaging physical activity opportunities, which will promote a lifelong love of sport through enjoyment. During lessons and extra-curricular sport activities, our pupils will be given the opportunity to learn and develop the physical and tactical skills needed for lifelong participation in sport. We also aim to equip our children with the knowledge and understanding of the importance of healthy living.
As a school, we have to ensure that the changes we make with the funding are sustainable. To ensure a maximum impact on our pupils, we use the key indicators below to guide our expenditure:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
We meet these key indicators by spending our Sports Premium funding in the following ways:
- Sports Crew training so children can run lunchtime clubs to help children achieve their 30 minutes of physical activity in school.
- Extra-curricular sports clubs
- Lunchtime clubs
- Purchasing equipment
- Developing planning, sequence of lessons and assessment in PE lessons
- Entry into competitive school sport competitions.
- Specialist visitors and taster days
- Membership of Dr Challoner’s Sports Partnership
- Increase the number of children who leave Year 6 achieving the expected swimming standard of 25 metres.
Link to Current Year Plan and Impact Reviews